Thursday, February 2, 2017

Lena Diulit Intan - Slumber Lulled by Intan (Lyric Translation)

This song I think is the first Bahasa Melayu song's lyric which I tried to translate it into English. I posted this one on a lyric websites (MusixMatch). At the moment I was just looking for the lyric for Rock hit song "Lena Diulit Intan" by Wings. I just listened to the song online on YouTube. From the moment where it all started.

             I found a button for translation for this lyric. Then when I clicked, there was none translation available (of course laa Malay song right). Then it popped in my mind that why don't I try to translate it into English. At least I treat it as my lesson to empower my English skill in trying translating poetic or something just like blablabla wording into English language. Perhaps I ruined the lyric - definitely no doubt about it. But why don't give it a try meh??? Someone else may review and improve it if they want (if ever people care). So, here is the translation. I still reviewing it if I got to open this file again. Got several words and phrases that sound not so convincing and really conveying the real meaning of the lyric. Maybe the diction chosen are not the best one. Somehow I'd rather translate it in not so literally manner and more towards in context approach. Nevertheless, it mixed up.

Slumber lulled by Intan

As I recall,                                                                                
we've made then
in a party
your lovely face
was so attractive
and so it shook my heart.



It was like getting lulled by
a dream when I saw you
I wish you to be my shine
to enlighten my life

Oohhh... nothing is so beautiful
like times being with you
your chuckles shone away
the craving shine
craving for being loved
like a loving couple
ooooh

You have filled
the void in my heart
made me a man
with such a 'meaningfullness' oohhh

It was so touching
your words was a deep confession
not a mere poetic wording
but a sincere and serious one oohh.
____________
29 Jan 2017 @ 5.32 p.m.


The original lyric:


Lena Diulit Intan
Seingat aku
Kita pernah bertemu dulu
Di satu pesta keramaian Anggun wajahmu Menjadi perhatian Dan hatiku juga turut berkocakan Bagai lena yang diulit Mimpi bertemumu Inginku jadikanmu penyeri Warnai hidup ini Oohhh... tiada terpaling indah Sewaktu bersamamu intan Hilai tawamu terpancarlah Oh sinaran keinginan Ingin dikasih Seperti insan sedang berkasih... Oooh Kau telah isikan Ruangku yang kekosongan Jadilah seorang insan Yang penuh dengan pengertian ooohhh Yang amat mengharukan Kalimahmu luahan dalam Bukan sekadar puisi ciptaan tapi tulus ikhlas dan kesungguhan.oooh

__________
P/S: More importantly you simply enjoy the song laaa. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-33750781-1